FINDING OUT YOURSELF

FINDING OUT YOURSELF

This is one thing that I have found to be Lacking in this age is the fact that many in the pursuit of fame and wealth ends up in another person’s shadow.

Self awareness or actualization is not you trying to be unique but rather because you’re. In Philosophy of self, self-awareness is the experience of one's own personality or individuality. It is not to be confused with consciousness in the sense of qualia.  

Self consciousness is being aware of one's environment and body and lifestyle, self-awareness is the recognition of that awareness.

The very reason why many are ashamed is simply because they are not aware of what they re and what they can do. I could remember well a scenario when I was in secondary school, just so you know in I was quiet an introverted person which is due to the kind of mum I had, you know those set of children that are not allowed to go out except for church, school or the market. This affected me in ways that was not so confident in myself. I remember just looking at people in my class I was intimidated and people started taking advantage of me until one day.

(PAUSE) Let me quickly say this that not knowing yourself can have a very great impact on your personal development and thereby making people relate to you in ways that yourself might find very uncomfortable.

I remember it was our English Teacher that said something that changed me entirely; He said “Focus less on what people think about you but what you think of yourself”. This help me a great deal such that I was more confident in myself, I remember always speaking in class so many people are always surprised that I could speak that way.

Research suggests that when we see ourselves clearly, we are more confident and more creative. We make sounder decisions, build stronger relationships, and communicate more effectively. We’re less likely to lie, cheat, and steal. We are better workers who get more promotions. And we’re more-effective leaders with more-satisfied employees and more-profitable companies.

For the last 50 years, researchers have used varying definitions of self-awareness. For example, some see it as the ability to monitor our inner world, whereas others label it as a temporary state of self-consciousness. Still others describe it as the difference between how we see ourselves and how others see us.

Self-awareness is a skill that anyone can learn to improve with the right exercises and habits. There’s no greater sadness that having an idea about something and you didn’t say it because you’re afraid of what people might say about you. You truth here is that people will always have something to say about you, so let that not bother you at all.

“Self awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong, good or bad.” – Debbie Ford

“If your emotional abilities aren’t in hand, if you don’t have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can’t have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far.” – Daniel Goleman

In Self Awareness, you’re able to know you strength and your uniqueness, it helps you create a voice for yourself to be able to inspire people.

 The First questions I'd ask you is Who are you?

Let me know in the Comment Section!

Cheers!

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING CHANGE

WITHOUT FAILURE

SHYNESS